The WPDA Junior/Young Rider Board work to provide opportunities to young riders that raise awareness and the development of skill in dressage through educational, social, and volunteer activities.
Junior riders have vast opportunity to excel in dressage through both WPDA and USDF offerings!
Who is considered a junior/young rider?
Anyone age 21 and under (from the beginning of the calendar year). This is true for membership, awards, and competition. USDF Membership for Junior and Young Riders is called Youth Membership.
FEl Junior: Anyone may compete as a Junior from the beginning of the calendar year in which she/he reaches 14 until the end of the calendar year in which she/he reaches 18
FEI Young Rider: A rider may compete as a Young Rider from the beginning of the Calendar Year in which she/he reaches 16 to the end of the Calendar Year in which she/he reaches 21.
What are the benefits of a WPDA Junior Membership?
· Access to USDF Youth Programs
· Meet with like-minded young riders in your area at meetings
· Opportunity to plan events with your peers specifically tailored to young riders through the Jr./YR Board
· Eligibility for year end awards including the Viviano Award, the WPDA’s Jr/YR specific year-end award
· Annual Junior Team Competition
· Scholarship program
Join today as a junior rider! Interested in joining the Jr/YR Board? Contact Hannah Hudec, president, to learn more!